Saturday, January 12, 2008

Peace Is More Than Just A Difference

The most impressionable moments in my life that leave me in a place of striving for humility and seeking to honor the words of our God in terms of "laboring for love and unity" have come from my wife and children.

My eight year old daughter wrote this poem below just a few weeks ago based around her learning's of Martin Luther King Jr. and her very own initiative of starting a Peace Club at Holden Elementary School where she is beginning to coordinate little efforts of caring for the poor. It was not a homework assignment or something she had to do for school. This is what she does all the time.

I am not surprised at her abilities and gifting but I was especially in awe when I read this poem and absorbed her perceptions. Aside from me being her Dad - this is just flat out brilliant and beautiful. Here is my Campbell's poetry from just a few weeks ago:

Peace Is More Than Just A Difference

Peace is more than just a difference;
it is a center of a pure diamond,
The entry of a sunrise on the reflection of the sea.
Peace is more than just a comfort;
it is a joy crying out of the sacred soul.
The wild imagination still can’t compare

to the heavenly raining loves above us.
Peace is more than a beginning;

it is the end of ends, and the beginning of beginnings.
The heart is filled with more love

than as many stars as the eye can see,
you just don’t know it.
Said Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at the end of his great speech:

“Peace is more precious then silver or gold.”

-Campbell E. Budzar
8 years old
January 4, 2008

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

does she give autographs...?

Scott Budzar said...

no doubt... she's amazing!!