Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sleigh Ride - Humvee Style

I got an email from my little brother, Tim, who landed in Baghdad on Thanksgiving. He has just begun his first tour of duty. He's totally a man of few words but here's what he writes:

...hope everyone is doing well and is excited for the holidays. We went out on a sleigh ride in our humvees the other day on a humanitarian mission and gave out gifts to the children. It was a truly gratifying experience and one I will never forget. Talk about poverty. I cant believe that these people live like they do. Well, be sure to drink your ovaltine and christmas ale. Love you guys.
-Timmy


Geez is it hard to think about where he is right now. War sucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am totally with you on this dude. my little brother is in california right now training for the marine special forces. The thought of him being over there, especially with the job that he has chosen to do weighs on my mind heavily. war does suck.