Sunday, November 11, 2007

Little Brother

My little brother leaves for Iraq this Wednesday, November 14th. He is an Air Force MP and a graduate of The Citadel in Charleston, South Carolina.

I say little brother due to age but don't be fooled. He's six foot five and weighs around 225 pounds and is built like a monster. I guess hundreds of push ups every day for four years straight do that to you. It's funny, I'm six foot three and weigh about 170. Yet I am the smallest boy out of my six brothers. My Dad is six foot eight and around 270. That's where we get it from.

So, my little brother Tim will be placed in the largest detainee center in the world. It is in Iraq and there are presently 12,000 inmates. He will perform his duty in guarding and policing the prison. He's been in training for prison control over the past few months somewhere in the state of Washington. This wednesday morning he leaves.

My heart is troubled. My little brother is going to war.

No comments: